SL28.4C / 38mm Carbon Clincher / Velotechnic DS-1 / Sapim CX Ray
DS - 1
The DS-1 is designed to simply meet the demands of a hub set - Strength, Stiffness, Stability & Smoothness. From our gathered experience with some of the industry's leading brands, we have design and build one of the finest hubs for road bikes with our own exclusive mold & tooling.
Feature points of DS-1
High static load bearings + 1 bushing
Give your everything unto these hubs without the worries of reducing its lifespan or damaging it. Heavy riders are welcome too.
- Oversized rear axle with enlarge diameter at hub shell drive side & inner freehub to supply with maximum strength & stiffness without freehub cantilevering against the hub body under maximum torque and side loads.
- Large flanges & precise geometries produce favourable spoke bracing angles that is crucial to the lateral stiffness of a whole wheel.
- Ultra smooth drive system- 42 points of engagement with 4 magnetic pawls. Conventionally the engaging pawls are keep in the normally open position via a retainer ring or leaf springs. However DS-1 magnetic pawls attracts itself to the ratchet ring and they are not "forcibly" pushed against it with a spring. As the pawls glides through the ratchet ring during free wheel, there is room for the pawls to fall back into the "close" position. This greatly reduce friction during free wheel!
- Bearing Preload Adjustment at both front & rear.
- 6061 Alloy Series hub shell - selected as an excellent choice for cold forging, corrosion resistance & anodising.
Ease of Maintenance - No special tools required. Use only light viscous free hub oil . No grease required on the drive mechanism.
- Front hub 122g / Rear hub 250g
- Front hub bearings 6802 x 2
- Rear hub bearings 17286 x 2, 18307 x 1, 1 x 20mm bushing
Front hub Centre to Flange: 36.45mm / Flange Diameter: 39.00mm
Rear hub Centre to Left Flange: 36.65mm / Centre to Right Flange: 18.45mm
Left Flange Diameter: 40.80mm / Right Flange Diameter: 56.80mm
Flanges distances are measured from the centre of the flange thickness (3.5mm)
*Only in Shimano freehub
Specially made with High Strength and High Modulus T800 carbon fibre by Toray Industries. .
- Rim Type: Carbon Clincher (Tubeless) with UD Finish
- Rim Depth: 38mm
- Rim Width (Internal & External): 18mm - 27mm (Widest)
- Hub: Velotechnic DS-1 (Black)
- Spoke: Sapim CX Ray (Black)
- Nipple: Sapim Polyax Alloy Nipple (Black) - Contact us for other options
- Spoke Count: F20/R24 (Rim
- Min / Max Tire Pressure: 90/ 125 PSI
Contents include Front & Rear Wheels, Brake Pads (rim brakes), Rim Tapes, Quick Release Skewers (rim Brakes) & Wheel Bags.
See the latest wheels we built at our Facebook page
All our wheels are hand built in-house and tailor to your individual needs. Should you not see something you want here, that's because we can't possibly list everything. Drop us a message at Facebook or email us at email@example.com , we will be glad to build a pair just for you.