Venn REV 507 Filament Winding Technology /Onyx Racing Hubs / Sapim CX Ray
Venn 507 Specifications:
- Rim Type: Filament Winding Technology / Carbon Clincher (Tubeless)
- Rim Depth: 50.7mm
- Rim Width (Internal & External): 21mm - 28mm (Brake Track)
- Hub: Onyx Road - DS (Rim Brake),
Onyx CX - CL (Center Lock Disc),
Onyx CX - ISO (6 Bolts Disc)
- Drive Type: Dual Sprag Clutch
- Spoke: Sapim CX Ray (Black)
- Nipple: Sapim Internal Brass Nipples
- Spoke Count: F20/R24 (Rim) / F24/R24 (Disc)
- Min / Max Tire Pressure: 90 / 125 PSI
Rim Weight: ~ 505g (Rim)
~ 485g (Disc), +/-15g
- Hub Weight: ~ 436g (Rim Brake)
~ 598g (Center Lock)
~ 646g (ISO 6 Bolts)
Contents include Front & Rear Wheels, Brake Pads (rim brakes), Rim Tapes, Quick Release Skewers (rim Brakes) & Wheel Bags.
See the latest wheels we built at our Facebook page
Computer Fluid Dynamics Simulation:
The Venn 507 rims were made to perform especially well in aerodynamics with 25mm wide tyres, yet without the need to have a deeper profile.
As a result of extensive CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) work, you will notice that the Venn 507 were not designed with the currently popular “U” shape. The current popular “U” shape rims are not very favourable in aerodynamics performance with tyres that inflate beyond 24mm.
With the 25mm wide tyres being the preference for most riders now, a “U” shape profile rims has to be deeper than 50mm to remain competitive in aerodynamics performance. Thus with such an increase in depth and width, the rim weight will go up significantly.
All our wheels are hand built in-house and tailor to your individual needs. Should you not see something you want here, that's because we can't possibly list everything. Drop us a message at Facebook or email us at email@example.com , we will be glad to build a pair just for you.