Chris King Wheelsets
The R45 front hub is built to address our road and cross riders’ demands for Chris King performance in a lighter weight and more aerodynamic package. Defined by a narrow hub body and low flanges the R45 front hub is a sleek base for the fastest wheels.
Our bearings, available in steel and ceramic, have heat-treated, surgical grade steel races that are machined simultaneously, with tools of equal wear to ensure perfectly matched inner and outer races. The quality and speed of our bearings is what sets us apart from the competition and they are what you will feel and notice on every single ride. As Chris King bearing tracks burnish they get faster with age and all our hubs and bearings are fully serviceable for years upon years of demanding use.
The patented Chris King RingDrive with 45-points of simultaneous-engagement will get your power to the ground fast, provide unmatched engagement, and give you that legendary Chris King angry-bee sound.
- Engineered, manufactured and assembled in Portland, Oregon USA
- King Lifetime Warranty
- Legendary made-in-house bearings
- Easily serviceable with a 2.5mm hex and pick or pen knife
- Completely re-buildable with our R45 Hub Service Tool
- Available with Shiamano/Sram HG or Sram XDR driveshell
- Ceramic bearing upgrade available
Wheel Angel's Review
Probably the most well known brand in the cycling world, Chris King hubs are unique in every aspect from making their proprietary bearings in house, the angry bee buzz to its own patent RingDrive engagement. Raising another bar higher, the super gloss anodised colours and the ultra smooth matte finish makes them a head turner as well.
Customer service and communication with Chris King has been very easy and fast when replacement parts are needed for warranty claims.
- Patented RingDrive provides almost instantaneous engagement
- Freewheeling sound known as the famous Chris King BUZZ
- All parts are serviceable including it's bearings
- Unique high gloss anodising / ultra smooth matte finish found only in CK hubs.
- Bearing preload adjustment
- Large flange diameters for the extra cool factor
- Most hubsets only require 2 different spoke lengths for front and rear builds
- Limited edition colours will unveil occasionally